Re: Shell casings

the world is yours wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:08 pm
przz wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:31 pm hell to the motherfucking no 😹😹😹 u niggas want text to be showing on the ground after u shoot? u crazy fr
Personally, I don't want text on the ground. Maybe some sort of server side casings be added though? What do you think?
I take that back that's actually cold ASF, we should get it. Only thing is it better be able to calculate the amount of shots fired and respond to that with the right amount of shells on the floor.
tooley#1231

toolie wrote: October 25th, 2021, 3:12 pm
the world is yours wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:08 pm
przz wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:31 pm hell to the motherfucking no 😹😹😹 u niggas want text to be showing on the ground after u shoot? u crazy fr
Personally, I don't want text on the ground. Maybe some sort of server side casings be added though? What do you think?
I take that back that's actually cold ASF, we should get it. Only thing is it better be able to calculate the amount of shots fired and respond to that with the right amount of shells on the floor.
i dont think that this is possible, its an ingame mod.

Text laying around after you shoot your weapon it's a no for me. We could add a cmd for detectives to check the ground, and that will allow them to investigate further.

So let's say there was a shootout in a neighborhood, a detective can do like.. /casings to check if there are any casings on the ground, of course, it would have a pretty big range since I doubt that client casings can be shown on the ground for everybody.

This isn’t a good idea and for several reasons:

1. It can be manipulated and abused too easily. Say some troll rides by and decides to pick up shell casings for whatever reason simply to fuck over the roleplay involved. Now PD pretty much stuck having to use different methods which would defeat the purpose of the shell casings in the first place.

2. I’ve seen this done before twice and both times the system was bugged and it wasn’t every useful considering there wasn’t a way to get any DNA or accurate tracing because the serial numbers were bugged and adding in a DNA script would be a whole other set of headaches because there’s developing that system then you run into having to build a script that allows players to remove fingerprints because people will no doubt complain that they roleplayed wiping their fingerprints off.

3. Text on the ground is annoying.

4. If it despawns after 30 minutes there’s really no point in it being there because what if there’s an active chase while the shooting happens. Trapping the suspect, securing them and figuring out who’s booking them is a 45 minute ordeal in itself then you add in the distance you may have to travel back by the time law enforcement show up the shell casings have despawned.

I’d like to see it done but there’s too many leaks to plug.

Sounds good in theory, but not in practice. I don't think it is feasible at the current stage of the server. First the issue is the abundance of text that this would leave behind. It does not look good and has loads of secondary issues that would follow (e.g. bugs, desyncs, missclicks, etc.) Smalls shootouts would leave a huge fucking mess of text, let alone anything larger in scope. Maybe if there was an actual system where a command could be used to scout a particular area for bullets, it would be a much cleaner looking system. Bottom line is an intricate system like this needs a lot more than just text. This is a big ask at the current stage of the server to be done properly.

Return to “Suggestions”