Very Quick October Update

This will only be short, proper updates to follow.

I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to winter and Christmas (if that's your thing). I just wanted to update people who maybe haven't been following Discord so religiously.

A week or so ago the management decided to see how many people were still interested in this project launching, as we were concerned about the number of people that had been reacting and getting involved with things. Yes, we know updates and sneak peeks have been slow, but ultimately we wanted to see that our efforts weren't being wasted.

I can gladly say that's not the case after we hit over 400+ reactions on Discord in around 24 hours. Thank you for that, that's really an amazing achievement for a niche community like that.

So, development is back in full swing, but there are some caveats:

- I am now the sole developer on this project.
- There is work to be done on our JS framework.
- I need to clean up what was done on the game script already.
- I need to port over work done when we were not using the framework.
- There will be work on the UCP needed.
- I still work full time away from this project.

What does that mean for you?

Well, hopefully not too much. I'm still aiming for a late this year or early next year launch of some sort. It'll most likely be a base for us to work off as a community. That's where I hope the community polls kick in. We'll be letting you guys decide what we work on and in what priority.

What can you do to help?

Just get involved and share this project around. The best motivation for us is seeing people really interested and motivated. I know it's hard to put time into something that doesn't "truly" exist yet, but it will do, I promise you that.

Thanks for reading, as I said more updates to follow.

Thanks,
Dan
Any questions or concerns can be sent to my inbox. I'll respond to every message.

Outlawed Disciples Motorcycle Club — Nomads

Re: Very Quick October Update

The main priority at this time should be bringing a few more developers on board, completing a project like this can't be done single handedly. You already have enough on your plate holding a full time job on the side so finding someone who's willing to help with the code would be amazing. I do believe that delaying the launch is not an issue for now in order to build the script properly without bugs, there is no need to rush. I'm sure you've done a great work so far but this is just not a solo type of project at all.

Sparkin.Haze wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 12:00 pm The main priority at this time should be bringing a few more developers on board, completing a project like this can't be done single handedly. You already have enough on your plate holding a full time job on the side so finding someone who's willing to help with the code would be amazing. I do believe that delaying the launch is not an issue for now in order to build the script properly without bugs, there is no need to rush. I'm sure you've done a great work so far but this is just not a solo type of project at all.
I do agree with this. Keep it up lad!

Noel wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 4:40 pm
BBox wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 2:26 pm Is it your call to be a solo developer or is it difficult to find proper developers to help you out?
Very difficult to find anyone
The amount of trust needed is so much and our game mode is scripted in a custom JS framework. The time it'd take to upskill someone in how to use the framework, I'd have lost more time than gained, at least for a good while.

Working in collaboration also brings about lots of difficulties, it's just just "more people = faster output".
Any questions or concerns can be sent to my inbox. I'll respond to every message.

Outlawed Disciples Motorcycle Club — Nomads

Return to “Announcements”